Traditional Indian Masala Chai Tea
Invigorating + Restorative
Our Masala Chai is a traditional Indian black tea combining fresh aromatic spices balanced with premium full-bodied orange pekoe.
These revered Ayurvedic botanicals have traditional benefits and plant compounds that are antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial which may naturally aid digestion, balance blood sugar, improve circulation, fortify immunity, revitalize energy and cognition.
Enjoy daily, served hot or with milk and honey.
100% Organic Ingredients: Orange Pekoe Black Tea Leaf, Cinnamon Bark, Fennel Seed, Ginger Root, Peppercorn berry, Star Anise Fruit, Cardamom Pod, Clove Bud.
Naturally contains caffeine.
WHAT IS IN OUR TRADITIONAL MASALA CHAI TEA RECIPE?
Ingredients in our black chai tea:
- Black Tea
- Star anise
- Cardamom Pods
IS CHAI TEA HEALTHY? WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF DRINKING MASALA CHAI?
There are many studies about the health benefits associated to black chai. The ingredients act synergistically to increase each other’s traditional healing benefits.
Masala chai benefits include:
- Beats fatigue: The uplifting effect is mainly connected to the black tea found in the blend. Our black chai’s caffeine content is rather low compared to a cup of coffee, but it will still give you the necessary energy boost. Furthermore the Indian spices found in our blend help revitalise your body.
- Anti-inflammatory: Ginger is the most important ingredient when it comes to helping with inflammation. Additionally the cinnamon and clove work synergistically.
- Cold and flu prevention: The antimicrobial properties of the masala chai’s constituent spices make this blend good for strengthening the immune system and minimising common infections’ negative effects. However, if you are after a tea that is specifically formulated to boost immunity, you might be more interested in our Immune Tea.
- Improves digestion / reduces bloating: The ginger cuts out the acidic nature of the tea, whereas the clove helps with saliva production. In general, the stomach’s and intestinal digestive components’ activities are enhanced by the spices found in our black chai tea, which assists in reducing bloating.
- Assists in stabilising blood sugar levels: Studies have shown that cinnamon and clove may help increase the body’s insulin sensitivity and lower blood sugar levels.
- Assists with PMS relief
DOES MASALA CHAI HAVE CAFFEINE?
Yes, our Masala Chai blend contains caffeine, because we use English Breakfast tea as a base.
The caffeine content in masala chai varies, due to differences in the caffeine levels of the black tea that is used. In our case you would have to drink two to three cups, in order to get a similar amount of caffeine to what you would get from a normal cup of coffee. So you can get off the fatigue treadmill without getting the jitters.
HOW TO BREW MASALA CHAI
- Use 1-2 tsp per cup with boiling water
- Let the herbs infuse for 5 minutes
- Strain and keep the steeped herbs for your compost
HOW TO MAKE A MASALA CHAI LATTE?
Our organic black chai blend is free of chemicals, artificial colours or flavours.
Store out of direct sunlight below 30°C.
Not intended to diagnose in any way. For treatment consult a healthcare professional.
After enjoying your tea, please help us protect the planet and compost your steeped herbs.