Our Spicy Chai is an exotic blend of Indian spices with warm citrus-rose overtones. When people describe the taste of Chai, they are often really talking about the dominant flavour of green cardamom. Intensely fragrant, with sharp vegetal notes of green spice and pepper, green cardamom pods are harvested earlier than black cardamom, which is muskier and more smoky. For a more full bodied flavour that lasts in your mouth, we added fennel, ginger, cinnamon and clove to our blend.
All in all our Spicy Chai is complex, bold and evenly balanced with an underlying citrus-rose overtone that just makes you feel like you’re drinking comfort straight from a cup.
Spicy Chai Ingredients:
- Star Anise
- Orange Peel
- Rose Petals
All ingredients in this blend are 100% certified organic and caffeine free. Store in a dry place out of direct sunlight below 30°C.
Please note that in the video above we use a teapot made from borosilicate glass: Teapots + Glasses
For a normal cup of tea:
- Temperature: 100°C
- Use 1-2 heaped teaspoon per cup of water.
- Time: absolute minimum 5 minutes, we recommend to let it rest for up to 30 minutes.
Brewing time is subject to taste. Infuse longer for a spicy taste that knocks your socks off.
For a more traditional recipe you will need:
- 1 cup of fresh water
- 1 cup of organic milk/mylk
- 3-4 heaped teaspoons Spicy Chai
- organic honey (to taste)
Step by step:
- Pour the water into saucepan.
- Add the Spicy Chai blend, bring to a low boil, and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients (cup of milk/mylk, organic honey)
- Boil again, then take off the heat and let it simmer for a couple more minutes.
- Pour through a fine mesh or strainer to separate all herbs and spices from the creamy beverage.
- Serve and enjoy.
Health properties of herbs found in our spicy chai
This traditional blend of spices supports digestion, improves circulation and is an invigorating caffeine free chai to be enjoyed any time of day or night.
- Fennel – carminative and aromatic digestive, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial
- Ginger – circulatory and metabolic stimulant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, carminative, anti-platelet
- Cinnamon – carminative, antimicrobial, hypoglycaemic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant
- Peppercorns – antioxidant, anti-platelet, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial
- Cardamom – carminative, analgesic, antispasmodic, aphrodisiac
- Star Anise – stimulant, diuretic, carminative
- Orange Peel – diuretic, digestiv
- Clove – antioxidant, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-platelet
Not intended to diagnose in any way. For treatment consult a healthcare professional.