Are you looking for the perfect treat before bed, or just don’t know what to do with your over-ripe bananas? Our insomnia cookies recipe is vegan and free from gluten and dairy.
Makes: around 30-40 insomnia cookies
How to make insomnia cookies?
To make insomnia cookies you will need:
- Dry ingredients:
- 200g whole gluten free rolled oats
- 50g organic shredded coconut
- 50g organic chopped walnut
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- Wet ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 200°C and prepare some tea of your choice. We recommend our Restful Tea or Peaceful Tea.
Infuse 1 tablespoon of loose leaves in 1 litre of freshly boiled water for a minimum of 5 minutes. Separate herbs from water by straining the liquid through a fine mesh.
You only need 320ml, but this way you will have some tea left over to enjoy with your cookies.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the banana with the remaining wet ingredients.
- Mix wet into dry. Then spoon or mould the dough in cookie-sized portions on a paper lined baking tray.
- Bake for approx. 25 minutes, or a little longer if you want your insomnia cookies more crispy.