Our muesli bar recipe with cacao is easy to make at home and incredibly delicious.
Muesli Bar Recipe Ingredients
For making our muesli bar recipe at home you will need:
- 1/2 cup (100g) coconut oil or butter
- 1/2 cup rice syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup Spark DUST or another cacao infusion of your choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups raw rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1/3 cup (40g) flour
- 2 cups puffed grains – rice or quinoa or amaranth
How to make muesli bars at home:
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper. This is optional, but it helps with getting the finished muesli bars out in the end. We used a 28cm x 20cm baking tin.
- Combine the rice syrup, coconut sugar and coconut oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Cook, while constantly stirring, for 5 minutes or until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 1-2 minutes or until syrup thickens slightly, then remove from heat.
- Combine the oats, sultanas, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, Spark DUST, vanilla extract, salt, flour and puffed grains in a large bowl. Mix everything together, then pour over the hot syrup and stir thoroughly to combine well.
- Spoon the muesli bar mix into pan and press down firmly.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven and set aside in the pan to cool completely. This may take a couple of hours.
- Once they are completely cooled down and hardened, cut them into rectangles (5cm x 9cm) to serve.
Enjoy your homemade muesli bars.