This vegan stewed rhubarb and apple recipe is made with our fruity Antioxidant Tea blend.
- 6 apples (peeled, cored and diced)
- 6-8 rhubarb stalk (trimmed and coarsely chopped)
- 1 heaped tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup antioxidant tea (just loose leave blend as it is)
- 1/2 cup water (add a little more if too much evaporates)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
Optional: splash of vanilla extract
- coconut yoghurt
- hemp seeds
How to make stewed rhubarb and apple recipe with tea:
- Place all ingredients besides the coconut yoghurt and the hemp seeds into a pot or large saucepan. Cover and put stove top to medium heat.
- Let simmer and stir occasionally. Check after around 30 minutes. If not soft enough yet, let simmer for longer (up to 1 hour).
Note: In case too much water evaporates and it gets too thick, simply add a little more water. The stewed rhubarb and apple is ready to serve when everything is soft.
- Serve with a bit of coconut yoghurt or other yoghurt of your choice. Sprinkle with hemp seeds.
The stewed rhubarb and apple can be kept for at least a week if refrigerated.