Chocolate self-saucing pudding ingredients:
- 1/2 cup DUST cacao infusion of your choice
- 1 cup self-raising flour (We chose a gluten-free brand. Gluten free self-raising flour can be found at any health food store or in the health food aisle of supermarkets.)
- 3/4 cup xylitol (lower-calorie sugar substitute)
- 1/2 cup plant based milk of choice
- 30g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup hazelnuts, halved
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
Optional serving additions:
- More DUST cacao infusion for sprinkling on top
- Double-thick cream
Tip: A sifter is a helpful piece of equipment, but not necessary.
How to make a gluten-free chocolate self-saucing pudding:
Start by preheating your oven to 180°C (160°C if fan-forced).
- Lightly grease an ovenproof dish. Should be able to hold up to 2 litres.
- In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the DUST cacao infusion of your choice with the flour and xylitol. Add plant-based milk, butter, vanilla and hazelnuts. Stir everything to combine.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared ovenproof dish. Make sure the top is smooth.
- Combine the remaining DUST cacao infusion with the coconut sugar.
If available, use a sifter to sift the cacao coconut sugar mixture over the flour mixture created in step two.
- Cover the sugar mixture with the boiling water by carefully pouring it over the back of a large spoon.
- Bake for around 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted around the edge of pudding comes out clean.
Optional Serving Tip:
Serve with a spoonful of cream on top or sprinkle some more of our DUST cacao infusion powder for that extra rich chocolate taste.