Our Mulled Tea is a festive blend of warming spices, guaranteed to raise the spirits. It’s bursting with beautiful berries balancing the slightly sweet and fruity taste.
Ingredients in our mulled tea recipe (caffeine free):
Cranberry, Currants, Elderberry, Hibiscus, Rosehips, Rose Petals, Juniper Berry, Clove, Nutmeg, Cinnamon.
Store in a dry place out of direct sunlight below 30°C. This blend is ACO certified organic and contains no additives or flavourings.
How to make normal mulled tea?
- Temperature: freshly boiled water, 100°C
- Time: minimum 5 minutes before drinking, brewing time is subject to taste. This infusion can be steeped for a long time without turning bitter.
- Use 1 heaped teaspoon per 200ml of water.
Too hot for tea? This infusion can be served hot or cold as an iced tea.
Mulled Wine Recipe
Mulled wine is a traditional festive blend of warming spices and fruits, guaranteed to raise the spirits. Traditionally served warm during winter, it can be either be an alcoholic (Glühwein/Gluhwein) or non-alcoholic drink. We created our own and easy mulled wine recipe for everyone to enjoy.
How to make mulled wine?
Patience is the key to making mulled wine. You should take your time to gently warm everything up, so the flavours have time to mingle with the wine.
The base blend for mulled wine recipes typically uses spices like cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. You can also add fruits like raisins, currents, juniper berry, elder berry or rosehips; as well as orange or other citrus peels and vanilla. The options are endless plus if you have your own favourites add those in too!
Organic Merchant’s Mulled Wine Recipe:
- Step 1: Heat 2-3 tablespoons of our mulled tea with 2 cups of water in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Step 2: Bring to the boil and reduce heat to low. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
You really want the flavours to infuse, making a beautiful rich base to which you can add your wine at the last minute thus preserving the alcohol content.
- Step 3: Add 750 ml bottle of fruity organic red wine (such as a Merlot) and simmer gently for another 4-5 minutes. Turn the heat down or remove completely.
Strain and divide among glasses just when your guests pop in. Serve warm and garnish with a pomander or star anise.
Mulled Tea Benefits:
The ingredients found in our mulled tea are full of health benefits.
- Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllata) is a wonderful antioxidant. It has analgesic properties and is therefore good for pain relief. Clove is a natural antiseptic, and helps calming digestive tonic for cramping conditions.
- Elder berry (Sambuccus Nigra) offers wonderful immune support. It is anti-oxidant, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory, helping to ease coughing and expel mucus in the respiratory tract.
- Nutmeg (Myristica) fragrans another wonderful antioxidant with analgesic properties. It has both, soothing and stimulating effect on the nervous system and is also a digestive tonic for conditions such as nausea, gastritis, and indigestion.
- Juniper berry (Juniperus Communis) has strong antiseptic and astringent properties wonderful in treating urinary conditions. It helps to calm, heal and cleanse the digestive system.
- Cinnamon (Cinnamomum Zeylanicum) is also a wonderful antioxidant. It is antibacterial and antifungal. Cinnamon supports good circulation, balances blood sugar levels, regulated hormones and maintains digestion.
Not intended to diagnose in any way. For treatment consult a healthcare professional.