A loose leaf gotu kola and brahmi tea that sharpens the mind and arouses the senses.
Ingredients in our gotu kola and brahmi tea:
Gotu Kola, Ginger, Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Ginkgo, Rosemary
All ingredients are ACO certified organic. This blend is caffeine free.
Mind Tea Benefits
Our aim was to create a blend with therapeutic qualities aimed at improving memory and promoting a healthy functioning cognitive system.
Gotu Kola, regarded as a rejuvenative herb in Ayurveda, and the powerful Brahmi/Bacopa plant build the base for our naturopath’s unique formula; completed by Ginkgo, Ginger and Rosemary, rounding of the taste.
Health benefits of brahmi tea
Age-related cognitive decline and neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, have long been implicated to be linked to the detrimental effect of neuronal cell death. Studies have shown that brahmi is good for supporting the brain, positively influencing brain cells that are prompting brain tissue regeneration. Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) indicates several modes of action that may protect against a brain’s oxidative damage due to it acting as a dietary antioxidant.
In Ayurveda’s holistic approach, remedies describing a set of rejuvenate measures to impart biological sustenance to the bodily tissues are called Rasayana. Some of them are organ and tissue specific, acting as micronutrients. Rasayanas specific to brain tissue, influencing brain ageing and helping in regenerating neural tissues, are called Medhya Rasayana. Furthermore they have an anti-stress, adaptogenic and memory enhancing effect. Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) is one of the most popular Medhya Rasayanas. Besides the long tradition of experience-based evidence, studies conducted on these remedies are showing promising results.
Besides having a positive effect on the brain and therefore mental health, there are further benefits of brahmi:
- encourages liver function
- calms the mind due to bacosides and bacopasaponins, compounds within brahmi
- good for managing systemic redness in the brain caused by the body’s autoimmune response
- encourages a normal blood pressure due to influencing vascular muscle function and the utilisation of nitric oxide in the body
Health benefits of gotu kola tea
There are many benefits associated with gotu kola. The herb has shown to promote a healthy skin, stimulate wound healing, reduce anxiety and stimulate blood vessel growth into connective tissue. For our Mind Tea we focus on the traditional benefits related to mental health.
Gotu kola is believed to increase brain functions such as improving memory and concentration. Research has also concluded that it might be useful for treating degenerative brain disorders. Acids found in gotu kola have been proven useful for protection against neural damage. The herb is useful for reducing mental fatigue, improving learning processes.
Health benefits associated with the remaining herbs in this blend:
- Ginkgo: A cognitive enhancer and circulatory stimulant, traditionally used in treating Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Ginger: With effective anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties ginger has been shown to boost brain health, may assists in weight-loss and controlling blood sugar levels.
- Rosemary: An antioxidant rich, antimicrobial shrub not only useful for seasoning potato dishes. It is traditionally used to treat headaches, anxiety and to achieve an increased mental concentration.
Not intended to diagnose in any way. For treatment consult a healthcare professional.
How effective is your gotu kola and brahmi tea?
Patience and persistence is key. The benefits of our Mind Tea come slowly and over time. We recommend to enjoy 2-4 cups of our gotu kola and brahmi tea per day over a minimum of 3-6 weeks to start achieving any noticeable results.
Brewing and storage:
Use 1 teaspoon per cup of boiling water. Allow to brew for a minimum of 3 to 5 minutes before drinking.
Store in a dry place out of direct sunlight below 30°C.