This superior glass tea infuser can be used as a strainer for loose leaf tea.
It is made from chemical-free, heat-resistant borosilicate glass and meant to be combined with Trendglas Jena teapots. The small laser cut strips in the base allow the water to drain through after brewing your tea while keeping the steeped herbs inside the infuser rather than your tea cup.
SIZE: 8cm in diameter and 10cm high
Our Glass Tea Infuser is the perfect complement for our Vesuv Glass Water Kettle or the larger 1.75L Stove Top Kettle. You can also purchase it as a replacement part for the Trendglas Jena Glass Teapots.
DISHWASHER SAFE: easy to clean. We recommend carefully using a brush to Please be careful to not break the fine cuts at the bottom needed for holding back the herbs while steeping the tea.
HOW TO USE THE GLASS TEA INFUSER
- Pour boiling hot water into the teapot making sure not to fill it too high.
- Scoop the desired amount of loose leaf tea into the strainer.
Not sure how hot and how long you should steep your tea for? Refer to our guide on How to brew all kinds of loose leaf tea.
- Gently lower the infuser into the teapot filled with water. Please be careful to not burn your fingers with the rising water steam.
- Carefully place the lid on the top and brew for the desired amount of time.
- Remove the lid and slowly lift the infuser allowing the water to drain. Once again please watch your fingers during this step. We have found that tilting the infuser towards you is best, as it allows for the steam to rise in the other direction, away from your hand.
The glass lid helps keep the heat longer, can double up as a place to rest your infuser after straining the tea and also helps keep the medicinal oils of the herbs from evaporating.