Californian White Sage Smudge Stick
Large 18 – 20cm
These organic and sustainably sourced white sage smudge sticks are from Southern California and are for use in daily ritual practice, meditation or for cleansing your home.
Approx. 18 – 20 cm long. Sold individually
Due to the nature of the white sage stick, they may vary slightly in shape, size, colour, and pattern.
How do you smudge a house?
- Before you start make sure all windows and doors are open so the smoke can go out as you want the negative energy be released back to mother earth.
- Start at the front door of the home and light your smudge stick.
- When lighting the smudge stick light the tip of the leaves, allowing it to burn for 5 – 10 seconds, and gently blow on the leaves to create smoke.
- Hold in a heatproof container, smudge pot, or shell so the ashes do not go all over the floor/furniture.
- Slowly move among your rooms, gently waving the stick in the air. Fan smoke with your hand, smudge fan, or smudge feather.
- Move mindfully when you are going from room to room with care walking clockwise around the entire perimeter of the home. Be sure to allow the smoke to drift into even the hidden spaces, like inside closets, basements, and dark corners.
- If you are cleansing a room, move in a counterclockwise direction to banish negativity, and clockwise for invoking.
- After use, gently extinguish the smoke in the sand or a small dish of water.
- Store in a dry place for future use.