All Trendglass glass teapots we sell are:
- manufactured from clear borosilicate glass which is free of smell and flavour, does not discolour and shows high chemical and mechanical resistance.
- highly resistant to sudden temperature changes with a temperature difference of 140°C/284°F.
- heat resistant in general (up to 450°C/842°F), and therefore suitable for use in microwave and on stove tops.
- suitable for a healthy and safe food preparation.
- designed in a superior and functional way, allowing for an optimal preparation of loose leaf tea.
- easy to clean and hygienic to use due to the pore-free surface.
Why use glass teapots?
Not only will seeing the tea when it is steeping allow you to better judge whether your infusion already has the desired strength, but due to glass being non-porous (super smooth) the taste will also improve notably. For comparison, ceramic has tiny imperfections on its surface, and over time different teas will leave a flavour mark in your teapot.
But doesn’t it cool down quite fast?
Tea served in a glass teapot does cool down a bit quicker than in other materials. However, that is what tea warmers are for. And if you drink it within the hour, you will be fine.
Showing all 5 results