Glass Tea Cups
Why use glass tea cups instead of ceramic?
- You eat with your eyes, and the same goes for drinking. Your freshly brewed loose leaf tea will taste better when presented well.
So instead of covering it up, use a clear glass tea cup.
- Besides tasting better, being able to see the tea whilst it is steeping allows you to judge the strength of the beverage.
- The material that a teacup is made of has an undeniable impact on the taste of the tea. Glass is nonporous and therefore very smooth. When using ceramic tea cups however, the surface’s microscopic imperfections cause the delightful flavours carried by the tea molecules to be jumbled. The aromas might then overpower each other. Furthermore, over time different teas will leave their flavour mark in your ceramic tea cup.
- Glass tea cups are easier to clean up. Whereas ceramic surfaces have porous properties, making it difficult to remove stuck tannins, the glass’s surface is smooth. Therefore, they can be washed more effortless.
The only downside to glass tea cups might be their ability to conduct heat, which might lead to you burning your hand when holding it. No worries though. Our glass teacups with handle allow you to pick up the hot drink without burning your fingers.
We decided to bring our brewing game one step up with beautiful Trendglas Jena glass tea cups.
The Trendglas tea cups we sell are:
- manufactured from clear borosilicate glass which is free of smell and flavour, does not discolour and shows high chemical and mechanical resistance.
- highly resistant to sudden temperature changes with a temperature difference of 140°C/284°F.
- heat resistant in general (up to 450°C/842°F), and therefore suitable for use in microwave.
- suitable for a healthy and safe food preparation.
- designed in a superior and functional way, allowing for an optimal preparation of loose leaf tea.
- easy to clean and hygienic to use due to the pore-free surface.
Showing all 4 results