Ingredients in our masala chai recipe:
- 1 cup of fresh water
- 1 cup of organic milk/mylk
- 3 heaped teaspoons Organic Merchant Black Chai Tea
- Organic honey (to taste)
- Pour the cup of water into a saucepan.
- Add three heaped teaspoons of our exotic black chai blend to the water while still cold and bring to a low boil. For an extra strong taste you can carefully grind the cardamom pods with a mortar and pestle before putting the organic masala mixture into the pot.
- Let it simmer for 2 to 5 minutes, depending on your desired strength.
- Add the cup of organic milk and the organic honey.
- Bring to a quick boil again, then reduce heat and let the masala chai latte simmer for another minute or two.
- Remove from heat and use a small mesh strainer to separate the loose leaf herbs and spices. Enjoy your creamy, homemade masala chai.
In India aerating the chai is mostly done by rapidly pouring it back and forth between pots, frothing it in the process. Alternatively you can whisk the milk in the heating process.