Are you wondering how to make iced tea? For making real homemade iced tea you don’t need a complicated recipe.
- Add a litre of freshly boiled water to 1 to 2 heaped tablespoons of loose leaf tea and let it rest for around 5-30 minutes, depending on how full bodied you prefer the flavour. If you like a stronger taste, let the loose leafs infuse over night, then strain.Note: Watch out with blends containing green or black tea, as these might release bitters when steeped for too long. Give it a taste to see how well developed the aroma is already.
- Allow to cool down naturally or enjoy directly served over ice cubes for instant iced tea.
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Our homemade iced teas are fantastic as a cocktail mixer or non-alcoholic mocktail base.
Note: You can speed up the cooling process by stirring in some ice cubes until melted or putting your homemade iced tea in your fridge or freezer for a while. But watch out to not store the hot beverage in there directly; it would just heat up your fridge. We recommend to let it reach room temperature before putting it in.
Keep refrigerated and whenever you want a refreshment, serve in an iced tea jug and put some freshly cut fruit slices or a couple of mint leafs in to give it the final touch to your liking. Jazz it up however you like to create your own version.
And that’s all there is to making home-made ice tea. After brewing the base you can now put all your creativity in your next pitcher. For parties, we suggest serving it with a clear spirit to make a refreshing summer cocktail. Check out our iced tea cocktail recipes, as an inspiration for some sugar free afternoon high tea celebrations.
Cold-brewing Iced Tea:
Cold brewed tea is our personal favourite type of iced tea, as we find the flavours come out more delicate.
- Add 2 to 3 heaped tablespoons of your favourite herbal infusion to a litre of room temperature water.
- Leave to infuse for 6 to 12 hours, then strain.
That’s basically all there is to know about how to make iced tea. Go back to our overview of our organic iced tea range.