If you are looking for a healthy but yummy, gluten-free turmeric and pumpkin bread recipe, you came to the right place. We recently got into turmeric recipes… can you tell?
It’s not everyday that you hear the words ‘anti-inflammatory’ and ‘bread’ in the same sentence. However, this gluten free bread is packed with anti-inflammatory power thanks to Turmeric, chia seeds, pumpkin and coconut oil. Plus, it is easy to make and low-carb.
Besides a lovely colour, this turmeric and pumpkin bread has a fantastic flavour and fills the house with a savoury scent, guaranteed to get everyone curious about the gluten free bread baking in the oven. Pumpkin, when used in baking, keeps your goods moist. This makes the bread have a lovely texture and feel in your mouth.
Turmeric’s immunity boosting and anti-inflammatory properties is what makes this gluten free bread a ‘superfood’.
Turmeric and Pumpkin Bread Recipe:
Ingredients to make a turmeric and pumpkin bread (gluten free):
- 450g of raw grated organic Jap Pumpkin
- 2 whole organic eggs
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- A quarter teaspoon organic nutmeg
- 60ml organic coconut oil
- 350g organic almond meal
- 2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 6 tablespoon filtered water
Directions on how to make gluten-free turmeric and pumpkin bread:
- Soak chia seeds in water overnight.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Combine pumpkin, eggs, chia seeds, salt, nutmeg and coconut oil into a bowl.
- Add almond meal & mix well.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin.
- Bake the gluten free bread for 1 ½ hours (time will depend on your oven, best to check the bread after 75 minutes).
- Leave the turmeric bread to cool for 1 hour before serving.
Keep reading about cooking with turmeric and the health benefits connected to it:
Golden Chai – Turmeric Latte