Crafted with the philosophy of purity and beauty, ORGANIC MERCHANT is a premium range of naturopathically formulated, 100% Australian Certified Organic botanical infusions. Each tea has been carefully selected for its rich therapeutic properties and fulsome flavour, brewing a kaleidoscope of colours and aromas to enchant the senses, heal the body and soothe the mind. Organic Merchant is dedicated to deliver the highest quality loose leaf botanicals; beautifully presented, individually hand-blended and sustainably packaged with care and consideration. We invite you to share the experience of wellness with over 35 different blends.
Organic Merchant was created in 2011 by local Sydney Naturopath and Herbalist Chalimah Jeanne. The inspiration for O|M was developed over 20 years of study and clinical practice using and dispensing herbal tisanes –
“ I believe that simple daily pleasures such as consuming pure organic infusions can be one of the most nourishing practices, and that the everyday items that serve and nurture us are also a thing of beauty. With these mantras in mind, I created O|M as a way to share this experience of wellness”.
This philosophy is what generated and continues to generate the momentum of Organic Merchant.
- Organic Merchant is 100% Australian Certified Organic (ACO cert.no. 12111) ensuring you are receiving the purest botanicals possible.
- The teas are loose leaf, whole and unprocessed to retain freshness
- Each infusion has been expertly formulated for their nutrient value, beneficial effect and traditional therapeutic properties by an experienced Naturopath
- The range is mindfully created, individually hand-blended, hand-labelled and hand-packaged in our signature solid glass jars and sachet boxes.
- Committed to being a sustainable business, all our packaging is proudly 100% recyclable and/or biodegradable. The entire range is presented in solid glass jars and sachet boxes made from 100% Australian recycled paper with a compostable plant-based cello-bag.
- We are passionately and ethically dedicated to produce all our botanicals using practices with a minimal environmental impact and respect to the broader community.
- Organic Merchant is locally-made in Sydney and successfully stocked nationally
- The entire range GS1 barcoded and comes with an expiry of 18-24 months.
At Organic Merchant, we aim to provide the finest blends of certified organic ingredients all the while being sustainably and ethically produced using practices with a minimal environmental impact. We believe that organic consumables are not only better for people, but also better for the planet, thus ensuring our part in maintaining and sustaining the world for the future.
A MEASURE OF PURITY
Organic Merchant believes that the earth’s flora and fauna deserves to live in simple purity. That its raw, wild, natural beauty is celebrated. Its purity is real, unaltered, without additives, without chemical intervention, irradiation, enhancement or genetic modification. My commitment to using 100% certified organic produce is a reflection of this, ensuring you are receiving the purest botanicals possible.
A WAY OF LIFE
Being a naturopath is not just my vocation but a way of living, a life philosophy, an oath to live with purity, mindfulness and in awareness with nature. The biosphere in which we live is so magnificently complex and interwoven, to me living close to nature is just common sense.
AN ETHICAL & SUSTAINABLE CHOICE
It is my intention to live each day making choices and actions that demonstrate care, respect and compassion for my family, the broader community and the environment. In ecological terms sustainability is the capacity to endure; to remain diverse and productive. One could say that nature has successfully achieved both diversity and productive excellence, even against the greatest odds. It is therefore important to me that the business practices I employ each day at O|M are in unity with this philosophy and endorse sustainability.